How to Manage Risk Related Diseases on Rainy Days
Rainwater causes common air borne and water-borne diseases that include malaria,
typhoid, cholera and common cold, among others.
Normally, the weather in the Philippines in October is very hot with average temperatures
between 26°C and 31°C; however, this year we can expect rain for roughly half of the month
with roughly 8 to 15 days of rain.
This may also cause bodies of water to get polluted easily increasing the risk of water-borne
Some diseases associated with rainy season include:
- Cold and Flu
The drastic fluctuation of temperature which happens during this rainy season makes the body susceptible to bacterial and viral attack, resulting in cold and flu. This is the most common form of viral infections. Hence to protect the body, one should consume highly nutritious foods and strengthen the immunity. By this the body can fight germs by producing antibodies against the released toxins.
- Mosquito Borne Diseases
- Malaria and monsoon go hand in hand. When rain, water remains clogged, it helps the mosquitoes breeding process. The spread of malaria can be prevented by keeping such clogged areas clean.
- Dengue fever can be very painful and life-threatening. Although this disease is caused by the dengue virus, the carrier here is the mosquito and thus keeping the body protected from any form of mosquito bite can ensure safety.
- Cholera. This is a water borne infection, caused by many strains of bacteria called Vibrio cholera. Cholera affects the gastrointestinal tract causing severe dehydration and diarrhea.
- Typhoid fever is a result of contaminated food and water. This is yet another bacterial infection caused by Salmonella typhi. Maintaining proper hygiene and sanitation and at the same time using clean water is recommended.
- Hepatitis A. This infection is caused by contaminated food and water which mainly affects the liver. Some common Hepatitis A symptoms seen are fever, vomiting, rash, etc.
The hot, humid and wet weather makes it favorable for the micro-organisms to reproduce
and multiply. This also results in many respiratory tract diseases and skin infections too.
Here some simple ways on how to protect yourself from these diseases:
- Bring Proper Rain Gear.
Remember to bring your umbrella or other rain gear with you wherever you go to avoid
- Take A Warm Shower.
After getting wet from the rain, take a shower right away as this helps the body return to a
normal temperature after drying off and getting dressed, stabilizing the cold temperature
brought by the rains.
- Wash Your Hand Frequently.
Common cold symptoms can worsen during rainy season. To keep everyone safe, wash your
hands frequently and bring hand sanitizer with you when you go out. Also wash your feet
when you return home, especially if you have been outside in the rain or flooded area.
- Drink Plenty of Water
Nothing is cozier than sipping a warm beverage while the rain falls outside. But nothing
beats loading up with water to ensure a healthy day, may it be sunny or rainy. Water
stimulates blood circulation, which promotes a healthy immune system that protects you
from infections and allergies.
- Eat Healthily and Take Vitamins.
People are more susceptible to illnesses such as the flu and cold during rainy season. Protect
yourself from preventable illnesses, it is critical to strengthen your immune system and take
extra care of yourself and your family. You can do this by eating healthy meals and making it
a habit to take vitamins and other supplements regularly to boost your immune system.
Food supplements like PDA Pau D’ Arco Herbal Capsule with immune system boosting
properties that may help boost your energy and improve overall health.
PDA Pau D’ Arco Herbal Capsule is a premium herbal food supplement made from the inner
bark of Pau D’ Arco tree. It has 5N1 properties that relieve stress, boost energy, immunity,
better sleep and lung care.
Pau D’ Arco Herbal Capsule is FDA-approved and manufactured by an ISO-certified company.
It is a 100% NATURAL food supplement of premium quality with no side effects, especially to
the kidney and liver, no adverse reaction to other drugs, and no overdose.
1 PDA Pau D’ Arco Herbal Capsule is at 500 mg. For best results, take 1 capsule with a glass
of lukewarm water after breakfast per day. For maintenance and maximum results, take 1
capsule 3x a day after every meal.
PDA Pau D’ Arco Herbal Capsule is available in drugstores and supermarkets near you. Visit
www.facebook.com/PDACapsule for more details and inquiries.
P.D.A – Protection, Depensa Alay sa kalusugan upang ibalik ang Sigla.
Source: WHO & DOH
Aldrtz.com provides information about health, wellness, and other related topics.
Do not take the information and other content in this blog as an expert medical advice, nor is the
information a replacement for professional medical expertise or treatment.
Consult your doctor or seek other professional medical treatment if you are suffering from any medical
conditions. Never neglect professional medical advice or delay in trying it because of something that
you have read from this blog.
This blog is not in any way related to any hospital, health practitioners or other institution.